CFHU and UA Celebrate Scientific Research
Canadian Friends of Hebrew University (CFHU) and the University of Alberta (UA) co-hosted a gathering which featured an inspirational presentation by Dr. Howard Cedar about his world renowned research breakthroughs in DNA methylation and its application to the prevention of genetic disorders. Dr. Cedar is a professor with the Department for Biochemistry and Genetics at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and the Chairperson of the Department for Developmental Biology and Cancer Research at the Institute for Medical Research, Israel-Canada (IMRIC). Dr. Cedar was also the recipient of the 2011 International Gairdner Foundation Prize for biomedical scientists.
The mission of the Edmonton Chapter of the Canadian Friends of the Hebrew University is to develop and promote awareness, leadership and financial support for the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- To raise awareness in the Edmonton community of the activities, programs and research of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and encourage the involvement of lay leaders.
- To raise funds in support of the activities, programs and research of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- To encourage, recruit and assist qualified Canadian students who wish to participate in academic programs at the Rothberg International School at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- To encourage the development of academic ties between Canadian universities and the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- To offer quality educational programs to the Edmonton community that highlight the achievements and expertise of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.