The mission of the Edmonton Chapter of the Canadian Friends of the Hebrew University is to develop and promote awareness, leadership and financial support for the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- To raise awareness in the Edmonton community of the activities, programs and research of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and encourage the involvement of lay leaders.
- To raise funds in support of the activities, programs and research of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- To encourage, recruit and assist qualified Canadian students who wish to participate in academic programs at the Rothberg International School at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- To encourage the development of academic ties between Canadian universities and the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- To offer quality educational programs to the Edmonton community that highlight the achievements and expertise of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
News and In The Press
Hebrew University researchers describe how infectious bacteria sense they’re attached to intestinal cells and remodel their gene expression to exploit our cells and colonize our gut
In both groups, recreational sun exposure, black hair-dye use, a history of hospitalization for infection, and having a first-degree relative with a blood cancer were associated with B-NHL. Each group had unique risk factors too.
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem looks back at a year of milestones and achievements. Join us as we celebrate exciting developments in research, teaching, and campus life that took place in 2016!