Why Support the Hebrew University of Jerusalem?
Your support is important to us. Click here for more information on the Hebrew University's Institute for Medical Research Israel - Canada (IMRIC) - the Canadian Friends of Hebrew University's greatast priority. When you support the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, you support:
- Israel's premier academic institution, one that plays a critical role in Jerusalem's economic and cultural life and fosters Israel's best and brightest minds
- The next generation of Israeli leaders and professionals
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem:
- conducts some 40 per cent of all civilian scientific research in Israel
- initiates 1,500 new research projects each year
- is home to 100 subject-related and interdisciplinary research centres
- conducts 43 per cent of all biotechnology research in Israel
- wins one third of all competitive grants in Israel
- numbers 13 out of 14 Israel Supreme Court Justices among its alumni
- is the largest Jewish study centre in the world, and is home to the Jewish and National University Library
The Hebrew University has given the world:
- Exelon®, a new FDA-approved drug for Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- AQ 10, the first biofungicide for control of powdery mildew
- drip irrigation to increase food-crop production while decreasing water consumption
- Doxil®, an anticancer drug with an innovative drug-delivery system
- the HIPPY preschool educational program, implemented internationally
- Periochip®, a sustained-release delivery system for treatment of periodontal diseases
- ALEPH, the Automated Library Expandable Program, the first automated academic library system in Israel, which continues to develop driven by the needs of libraries and librarians worldwide
- Kin-Ace Technology, a broad-platform technology for disease control through interception of intracellular signaling
- long shelf-life tomatoes
- nanoparticulate drug delivery systems for Restenosis therapy
- Valpropyl Glycanimide (TV 1901), a new anti-epileptic and CNS drug for the treatment of migraine, neuropathic pain, and mania
Please give generously. Your gift will be recognized.
To donate now, please click here. Your generous donation to the Canadian Friends of the Hebrew University (CFHU) will provide needed support to the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel's preeminent academic institution, which prepares the next generation of leaders and researchers.
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem welcomes gifts at all levels with gratitude, and recognizes donors for cumulative giving. Of course, you may also choose to make your gift anonymously.
At each milestone level of acknowledgement, the family name of your choice is engraved on one of five walls located in prominent venues around the University.
- $10,000 The Supporters of Higher Education Wall Plaque
- $25,000 Founders Wall
- $50,000 Trustees Wall
- $100,000 Wall of Life
- $1,000,000 Wall of Benefactors